Last revised on 5th May 2019
Under Organiser is understood: The Real Festival Company Limited, with registered office at 70 Blake Hill Crescent, Poole BH14 8QS.
The Organiser (“we”, “us”) collects data when you have purchased a ticket to attend an event, when you create an account (“Account”), when you send us an e-mail and/or when you use our website (“Website”), apps or social media (“Services”).
You may not always be aware of it, but using our Website implies sharing personal data. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or an identifiable natural person (“Personal Data”). It is sufficient to be regarded as Personal Data if the data allows us to make a direct or indirect link between one or more data on the one hand and a natural person on the other hand.
The collection and processing of Personal Data is subject to strict legal conditions to give you, as a user, the necessary guarantees that your Personal Data will not be publicly disclosed in an unauthorized manner.
Each processing will therefore always be done in compliance with the applicable privacy legislation, more specifically (a) until 24 May 2018, the Data Protection Act 1998, and (b) as of 25 May 2018, the European Regulation on the protection of personal data (the “Privacy Legislation”).
- Personal data that we collect
We may collect various types of Personal Data and keep it on our servers and computers, including among others:
- - Contact details (e.g. your name, place of residence, telephone number, date of birth, sex, e-mail address);
- - Payment details (e.g. your bank card number, credit card number);
- - Data related to expenditure, consumption and location facilities on the festival sites;
- - Videos, images and other media that can identify you on the festival sites;
- - Data on the use of the Website (e.g. browser and IP address);
- - Data on the use of apps (e.g. GPS location, or the unique identification code of the device);
- - Data of e-mails (e.g. number of times the e-mail was opened); and/or
- - In the case of crew registration: national register numbers.
- What are the purposes of data collection and processing?
Your Personal Data may be used for the following purposes (collectively, the “Purpose”):
- - Informative purposes related to the use of the Website;
- - Commercial purposes related to the purchase of your tickets, such as vouchers for restaurants, parking options and transport information;
- - Transport to and from the festival sites or to and from hotels or other places of residence;
- - Sending of informative e-mails;
- - Processing of payments;
- - Ensuring safety and health on the festivals sites;
- - Printing tickets or wristbands to grant access to the festival sites;
- - Customer service from the Organiser and its external partners;
- - Criminal registers of ticket holders may be screened by the Police, and in case of a negative advice, access to the festival of these ticket holders may be denied;
- - Registration of the crew, guests, artists and all other acquaintances who have access to the festival sites; and/or
- - Carrying out of electronic payments, electronic top-ups, and electronic refunds.
During the provision of services, we may rely on Third Parties which take over a part of the aforementioned Purpose. In such case, we may rely on Third Parties which are active as payment processors, printing companies, ticketing companies, transport companies, healthcare providers, and any other necessary and bona fide provider.
Furthermore, we have free access to your Personal Data, and we may freely save and publish your Personal Data in the following cases:
- to comply with applicable laws or regulations;
- if a law enforcement authority or other government agency so requests;
- to maintain our general Terms and Conditions;
- for investigating suspicious or fraudulent or illegal activities; and/or
- to protect security and/or your rights or ours.
- User registration
To use the Website, we require that you create an Account. You remain in control of all information, data, messages and images that you upload on the Website or on your Account, including Personal Data (“Data”) in accordance with the general Terms and Conditions.
You can register on the Website by logging in via your e-mail.
We shall take reasonable administrative, technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or illegal processing of Personal Data or unintentional loss, destruction or damage, unauthorized or illegal access, disclosure or use of Personal Data. In some cases, your Personal Data will be shared with Third Parties, which must also take reasonable administrative, technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data.
Access to Personal Data and processing of Personal Data may also take place outside the European Union. In the event that the Personal Data are transferred outside the European Economic Area, appropriate measures will be taken.
In the event and as a result of the discovery or notification of an infringement on the safety of the Personal Data, or access thereto by an unauthorized person, we are legally obliged to notify you, if the infringement is likely to violate your privacy.
The information we collect in this way includes the IP address, browser properties, device properties, version of the operating system, information about actions taken on our Website (including use, activity logs and click-throughs), and dates and times of the visits to the website. Data logs are deleted on a regular basis.
- Notification to Third Parties
- What are my rights as a data subject?
We want to guarantee a safe and lawful processing of Personal Data, and we assure you that your Personal Data will be processed in a straightforward and lawful way. This implies that the Personal Data will only be processed for the aforementioned, explicitly stated and legal Purpose. We furthermore assure that the Personal Data will always be processed in an adequate, relevant and non-excessive manner.
My right for information
If you have questions or suggestions with regard to the processing of your Personal Data, provided you are able to prove your identity, you have the right to request information concerning the processing. We will then provide you with access to your Personal Data that we process as well as the source of these Personal Data.
My right of rectification or erasure
You have the right to have your Personal Data rectified, erased or amended, free of charge, to correct inaccuracies, in the event these Personal Data is incomplete or incorrect, or is being processed in an unlawful manner. You have the right to request the erasure of incorrect data or data that is not relevant in such manner.
You have the right to have your Personal Data erased without undue delay, free of charge, unless the Personal Data has to remain stored in accordance with a legal provision. The erasure is predominantly related to visibility, which entails the possibility that the erased Personal Data will remain stored temporarily. However, we will take any and all reasonable measures to erase all your Personal Data as fully and extensively as possible.
In case you fully exercise your right of erasure, notwithstanding the fact that you own a ticket for a future event, this ticket will be cancelled without reimbursement.
My right of transferability of Personal Data
You have the right to request your Personal Data in a structured format.
My right to object or restrict the processing
You can, at all times, object to the processing of your Personal Data, or request to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
You can change your Account Information at any time via the settings on your Account.
- Storage and removal of Data
If you register an Account, we will store your Personal Data, even if you temporarily stop using your Account, until the moment you permanently remove your Account. Until you remove your Account, we are allowed to store and use your Personal Data.
- Websites or applications of Third Parties